At the Nicosia Green Points citizens can leave inactive debris, DIY materials (tiles, sanitary ware etc.) and other household material in limited quantities.
Each citizen can carry up to 100kg per visit, with a maximum weight of 1 ton within a six-month period.
What are Green Points?
Green Points are organised areas where citizens can leave for free household waste from specific waste streams. The correct use of the Green Points is very important as it contributes to the:
- Reduction of uncontrolled and illegal dumping of waste in nature
- Protection of the natural environment and public health
- Integrated waste management
- Conservation of natural resources for future generations
- Development of new social norms with regards to environmental behavior
What types of waste can we take to the Green Points?
Citizens can deposit acceptable waste at the Green Points for FREE, as long as it is of domestic origin and arrives at the Green Point in separate streams or in a way that can be separated from the citizens when depositing it in the boxes at the Green Points.
The waste streams you can bring to the Nicosia Green Points are:
- Bulky waste (Furniture, Mattresses, Carpets, Rugs)
- Waste of Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE)
- Green, thin branches)
- Plastic containers
- Paper / carton (newspapers, office paper)
- Metal objects (scrap, radiators etc.)
- Textiles / clothing
- Pharmaceutical drugs
- Cleaning products, cleaning agents
- Colours (paint), inks, adhesives, resins
- Edible oils and fat
- Batteries (vehicles & household)
- Electric batteries and accumulators
- Motor oils
- Inactive debris / DIY materials (rubble, cements, tiles, plasters)
Green Points are a destination only for citizens' domestic waste and will under no circumstances accept waste from commercial activities, agricultural activities, contractors, industries or other professional bodies.