At the Nicosia Green Points citizens can leave DIY materials (tiles, sanitary ware etc.) other and other household material in limited quantities. in LIMITED quantities. Each citizen can carry up to 100kg per visit, with a maximum weight of 1 ton within a six-month period. Inactive debris and other waste are not accepted from contractors, industries or other professional activities.
The correct use of the Green Points is very important as it contributes to the:
- Reduction of uncontrolled and illegal dumping of waste in nature
- Protection of the natural environment and public health
- Integrated waste management
- Conservation of natural resources for future generations
- Development of new social norms with regards to environmental behavior